24 March 2009

My mini-holiday to AMSTERDAM (Spring 2009)

Hey Ya'll,
Some of you know that I went out of town this past weekend to Amsterdam. We (my husband and I and his friend) drove there. When we arrived in France we ended up driving through some industrial/chemical accident that they had in Dunkerque (which I cant find any information on the Internet..?). Anyways so that was kinda sucky as you could feel this chemical when you breathed in...but before we left I got some great news! I got a job with LastMinute.com. I will be dealing with supplier support for one of the smaller companies, Holiday Autos. I start tomorrow at 9:30. I found this out on Friday at 5:30, needless to say I said 'Hell Yea' now I can really enjoy this holiday, so I did, I ate way too much food.
Ok so the point of this babble on this blog-the Make-up section. I had already found out where the MAC stores in Amsterdam where because my MUA mate, Wenvers, gave me awesome directions! and since we stopped in Breda, they have a new Sephora, so I stopped there but they didn't have Smashbox (I was thinking of their Primer) or Nars (for Orgasm or Laguna Blush) or MUFE (camouflage concealer)....so I didn't get anything. With the MAC stores, the first one I tried to go to was in a big department store, I had to wait for them to open at 12...I was maybe the third person to the counter, and no one even said help to me..that really gets my goat. then I found the freestanding MAC store and a great MA. I was thinking of treating myself for the Redhed or Blonde MSF, but they were sold out. ..then I was thinking ok so I will just get a regular MSF, he told me I should use Medium Deep cuz it will take some of the olive colour out of me. but that one was really expensive...I was shocked how expensive prices are in euros. For example the 134 is 63euros where as here it is 35£...so odd. I ended up getting 3 pro pan shadows, even though they were more expensive, I wanted to treat myself for getting the job. So I got Satin Taupe, finally and its LOVE, great all over colour. then I got Kid, as I had to replace my fake one, I love how this one goes on, so smooth, and its perfect for my skin colour to use to blend out my shadows in the browbone. Oh and I got Vellum, which I think is a Pro colour, the MA showed me how it has a tint of blue when you play around with it, so with that I was sold, plus I can always use a white colour. Oh and I got a sample of Deep Blue Green piggie :)
Oh and I havnd
e decided that for my 1-year anniversary with my hubby, that I was going to get him a SAT NAV, a for me BRUSHES, I will post more about this in a new topic.
Btw, it totally sucked not having Internet while I was on holiday!


Baci
,


Liz
*Kisses from LNDN

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the job! And welcome back, we missed you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liz,

    You are so welcome, I glad that you had a good time in Amsterdam!

    Hugs!
    Wendy (wenvers;-)

    ReplyDelete