28 March 2009

BRUSHES: My Anniversary Present! (April 26th)

Hey Ya'll,
Decisions, Decisions. So my first year wedding anniversary is coming soon, and I was trying to think what to do for presents. I already know what I am going to get my husband, but we havent really talked about what he is going to get me, but surprise surprise, I have an IDEA! , DUH- can we say M-to the A-to the C!! hehe But as I can buy e/s and other stuff anytime really...I figured this would be the perfect time to invest in brushes. Yes I could ask for jewlery, but I dont wear alot, or some other things, but at the moment MAC is my passion and I want something that will last at least for a few years. I was thinking of getting 5 brushes, as my husband and I will be going into our 5th year together. (thats my sentimental justification), its more like I'm after a few brushes and I had to round the number down!

So I am thinking the:
109-Small Contour (I'd use it for contouring and liquid foundation)
116-Blush Brush (my MA told me since I have a long face and that my 'cheekbones' are higher this one would be better)
129
-Powder/Blush Brush (
I'd use it for Blush)
134-Large Powder Brush (I'd use it for my Clinique Powder that I use as a bronzer, and a MSF Natural for setting my makeup)
138-Powder Brush (the softest thing, but only at Stores)
182
-Buffer Brush (I'd use this to blend out/buff my powders)
187-Powder/Blush Brush (
I'd use it for Blush, Liquid foundation, really I dont know if I NEED this one as this brush would do the same function as the previous 3, but I figure its something I just have to have-so if I skip this one then I would get either the 219 or the 224 which are on my list)
Please share your thoughts as I am having a hard time with deciding the last brush to get, the first 4, IMO are must haves for me at the moment!


Baci,

Liz
*Kisses from LNDN

1 comment:

  1. I agree completely with your first 4, but then you already know that =]

    I personally find the 188 a bit too small for doing proper blush. It'd be good for highlight or contour but you'd be better off with a slightly larger brush if you wanted to use it for blush - and it would take much longer to apply foundation, especially if you used it for the stippling method it was made for.

    If you didn't get the 188 I think you should go for the 219. I love my pencil brush <3

    Sigh, I want all the brushes on your list. Hopefully I'll be able to afford the 109 and the 134 next month, fingers crossed! xx

    ReplyDelete