18 March 2009

MAC Pro Visit

Hey Ya'll,

So while in London yesterday I figured I would stop at the Pro Store, since I have never been...on the way there I passed a Benefit store, mentally storing the address for later use :P. So anyways I was kinda shocked as the Pro store is kinda tiny, compared to the one in Covent Garden....or even the two MAC counters I have been too....I just assumed it would be bigger as it was the PRO store, but you know what they say when you assume things, it makes an ass out of u and me, but in this case, just me.
So I don't know how everyone else feels, but since I have worked in retail myself, I like good customer service..and with the girl that helped me yesterday, who btw was beautiful, great hair and makeup, but it almost seemed like it was too much of an effort to help me, although there was one other person in the store (getting a makeover) and two more ppl working there....anyways I got a few things added to my MARCH HAUL post...
but I asked her about the 109...and she didn't know what brush that was...strike one...then I wanted a sample of the Studio Fix foundation...and i mentioned that I tend to be drier than oily...and she told me to get the Select foundation liquid...but i read the MUA reviews...some of the lowest I have ever seen for a MAC product like 50% and most people said that it dries them out or makes them look even drier....hmmz....so I'm kinda frustrated...
If anyone knows a good LONG LASTING liquid foundation with buildable MEDIUM coverage, please let me know, it can be High END or Drugstore, just as long as it lasts. I had tried Body Shops Moisture foundation, which I don't mind, but it fades in like 4 hours...


Baci,

Liz
*Kisses from LNDN*

3 comments:

  1. Sweetie, I'd ignore what she said (she sounds like she couldn't be bothered to begin with). Studio Fix Fluid is my everyday foundation, and I have the most insanely dry skin you have ever seen. If I forget to exfoliate when I should, or I forget my night cream, it's HELLO FLAKE CITY lol.

    But I haven't had any issues with Studio Fix so chances are you should be okay with it.

    By the way, colour me jealous that you went to the PRO store. I'm trying to talk people into a day trip to London solely to hit the PRO <3

    PS: I'm going to try to get to Meadowhall on the weekend, so if I get a chance I'll see if they have the 226 for you =] xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously tho I was so disappointed by the Pro store, Covent Garden is much much bigger like 2x or 3x as big....obviously the pro store has more products, and other things that are no longer on the MAC website, ie soft ochre p/p!! But if you do make it down this way I will go into London to meet up with you. and *big hug* with regards to the 226, you dont know how much I cry whenever someone does a video and uses that brush!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw that sucks. I'd love to go to the Covent Garden one (colour me retarded but is that also in London? I so do not know my English Geography lol), but I'm desperate for a 15-pallette like you wouldn't BELIEVE. I see them everywhere online and I'm so hungry for one I could die. A bit like you and the 226 I guess, hehe.

    Well HOPEfully I'll be going down to London next month. I was talking to a friend about MAC and she was all for a day trip so we're like researching train prices and things so I will let you know if/when it happens =]

    And I'm definitely going to MAC Friday night/ Saturday morning so I'll let you know how that goes. Fingers crossed they'll have it in stock still! xx

    ReplyDelete